Young and Now

Awhile ago, i was a bit nostalgic inside the office, cutting reservation forms and drafting some certificates. I thank God because i am no longer as i used to get too emotional thinking about what i'd been some 10 or 15 or 20 years ago. At times when the weather isn't too hot, i would remember myself playing jolin (marbles) with my siblings and childhood friends; i would remember the city central school play ground, where we used to play "football" as we popularly call it or sipa bola in bisaya; I would remember our manangs and manongs sharing some real and created stories; and, I would see myself drowning in melancholic mood.

Now, I have certainly accepted that the essence of life is growing up. Growing up in every facets of it. Like I am not always a kid, so I must cease to be a kid playing after class hours and all day during summer and weekends. I am no longer a teenager, so I must go away with unhealthy behaviors and attitudes. I am no longer in the past, so I must cease longing for what had been that will never be back. Things will never be back exactly as it had been. There may be resemblances definitely.

As a young woman, I appreciate everything I had been. I appreciate how the Lord honed the person in me. In my imperfection, I thank God at how He sat me off to become a responsible and discerning person. I appreciate my life after everything which God allowed to happen. I even appreciate the way I think, although I still need to develop a lot of thoughts, so much thoughts most especially for the ministry He is entrusting me.

As a young leader, I thank God for giving me opportunities in the past to lead other kids, to lead other students, and to facilitate communities and some statesmen.

As a young lady, I thank God for changing my boyish moves and for making me really accept the feminine me.

As a young lover, I thank God for giving me my compliment.

2 comments:

  1. Dalaga ka na hindi na bata...hahhaha..gani,minyoonon nka! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sus miss ta na jud ka ai....ngano dili ka sa multiply sulat kay didto man ko gasulat...pag multiply bah hehe

    ReplyDelete

Talk 2 kokijar


ShoutMix chat widget

I am connected with

Outdoor Activity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory